A teen boy named Robbie
Couldn’t stand his mother.
She’d nag, nag, and nag;
It was worse for his father.
She yelled at him for anything,
Even his baseball pitch.
His friends were afraid of her;
They agreed she’s a bitch.
One night at dinner,
His mother was having a fit.
The boy left the table because
He was so tired of her shit.
Running out to the yard
He gazed upon the full moon.
He closed his eyes, wishing
His mom stop being a loon.
The next morning before school,
His mother was being very sweet.
Robert was very surprised to see
His mom dressed-up and neat.
She made him breakfast
And readied his book bag.
She packed him some lunch
And never gave him a nag.
Several days later,
Robbie was enjoying the love.
Until his mother started
Going too above and beyond.
She had him dress nicely
Everywhere, even home.
She followed him to the bus stop
And made her presence known.
Robbie became embarrassed
Of his mother’s constant glee.
She babied him all the time
And never let him be.
She showed his friends baby pictures
And started pinching his cheeks.
She embarrassed him in front of his crush;
His friends picked on him for weeks.
When the next full moon came,
Robbie never thought he’d say.
“Please moon,” He pleaded,
“I miss my mom her old way.”
Waking up the next morning,
His mother remained the same.
Sad and regretting his wish,
Robbie hung his head with shame.
“What’s the matter?” She asked.
“I miss the way you used to be.”
“Why do you say that?”
He sighed, “You weren’t so clingy.”
“I thought this is what you wanted.”
He looked at her confused.
“I heard your wish last month
So I figured I’d have you amused.”
His mother began to tear up,
“I’m sorry for being cruel to you.
You were the target of my temper.
And I have lots of making up to do.”
From then on out,
His mother worked on her temper.
Although she did have her moments,
Robbie no longer wished for better.
- Rural Russia. Welcome! | Bright Moments Catcher
- Godrick Gnomish
- Sunset | Agrifun.com
- Welcome to Russia | Agrifun.com
- Agrifun: From City Slicker to Potato Picker | Bright Moments Catcher
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Daily Prompt: Nighttime | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Under the Monkey Tree
- Moon Dream: response to Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Nighttime | DCMontreal
- When was the last full moon? | Sue’s Trifles
- The Goddess | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Moonwashed in Rann of Kutch | Life is a Vacation
- A new and different me | Life & Times
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | The Land Slide Photography
- Think she is being good? | We Live In A Flat
- An Evening at the Fair | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Changes the full moon brings | Journey of a Dutch Witch
- Fool Moon (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- The Whole of the Moon | Nicki
- Nightfall | Andante Cantabile
- Two for Tuesday – Nighttime | Tommia’s Tablet
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Faraziyya
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Words We Women Write
- Daily Prompt; The Full Moon | terry1954
- Night | Vampire Maman
- Full Moon – A poem | JuSt ViSiTiNG THiS PLaNeT…
- Peaceful Gaze [Daily Prompt: The Full Moon] | unknowinglee
- Lycanthrope (Huitain) | Liars, Hypocrites & The Development of Human Emotion
- Moon on the rise | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- The numinous moon-imous | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- “The Full Moon” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Kevin says the randomest things
- The Reckless Me. | ayimas
- Night | stubblytroll
- Not About You | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Completely Disappear
- The Were-Cap : The Full Moon | thanks for letting me autograph your cat
- snippet: Insomnia | cellarfloor
- The Full Moon | Blue Loft
- Dancing In The Moonlight | Breathing Space
- The Full Moon Me | Ty
- •Ø• too full moon •Ø• | The RunningFather Blog
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Night in the City | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon (or I don’t like opposite day…) | Anne Squared
- A moon’s memory | shame
- ON A FULL MOON. | Fiction O’Clock
- Nighttime on the Hiking Trail… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: the full moon « Equitherapy
- Night Time….daily-prompt-nighttime | Daily Observations
- The Full Moon | stubblytroll
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | prettyswan
- The Full Moon And The Call Of The Wild! | The Political and Social Chaos Blog
- Nighttime Royalty | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | My Atheist Blog
- It Disturbs Me | Southern Eyez Photography
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Daily Prompt: Opposites Repel | One Starving Activist
- nightTime | simplylifestuff
- Other End of the Spectrum | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Our Monsters Come Out At Night | Jotting Down Life
- Daily Prompt: Nighttime | A mom’s blog
- The Waning Moon, A Time to Rest | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
- Moonset | On the Streets of San Francisco
- Giving up… | My Top Fives…
- The Girl Over The Emerald Sea | Maggie’s Stories
- Do I really have a dark side? | Rob’s Surf Report
- The other side of me.. | amateurxpress
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon – Dancing Free | Reinvention of Mama
- Happy Blue Moon! | Haiku By Ku
- My Full Moon Story | Faerie Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: The Full Moon | LADYBOY PROMPT
- The Full Moon – The Other Me | Amber Edwards
- A New Me | 1000 Words Daily
- The Full Moon | Often Me
- Daily Prompt! | Nerissa Moonshine
- Change. | Nekoruchii: Life of a Commoner
- In The Midnight Hour, He Cried “No More! No More! No More!” | Molly Greye
- Maybe the Full Moon Me | Yüüki Fotografou
- GREY SHADES | hastywords
- Lunar or looney? | MC’s Whispers