It’s an early afternoon and I’m craving a snack. Particularly a Danish from the local bakery. I arrive to see that there are only a handful of customers inside. One of them being a girl with long blonde hair and is facing the register. She is wearing a loose pink tank-top and her skinny jeans show off her athletic legs and, dare I say it, a very firm toosh.
I approach the counter and try to make eye contact with skinny jeans girl but she steps away with two cups of coffee. She heads over to the other end of the bakery and sits down at a table that is occupied by another girl, keeping her back towards me. The other female has an almost identical physique and hair-style. They must be twins.
The cashier takes my order, a Danish and a cup of coffee, and I watch the girls intently as I wait. They are too far for me to hear anything they are gossiping about. The other girl keeps showing the one I’m interested in something on her phone and they laugh together.
I glance under their table to find two backpacks. The skinny jeans girl has patches of baseballs and soccer balls all over hers as the other has cheerleading patches. Typical twins with opposite interests. The cheerleader twin is plastered with makeup and her skin appears greasy. I’m assuming the other one goes for more of a natural look which is something I prefer on girls.
Feeling particularly good today, I decide to introduce myself to her and I know the perfect pick-up line. After picking up my Danish and coffee, I head over to the girls’ table and take in a deep breathe of confidence.
“Excuse me, do you two go to Landen High?” I ask charmingly.
Both look up at me and the one in the skinny jeans says, “Nah, dude. We’re from Jackson High.” I nearly drop my meal when ‘she’ looks up with a blonde mustache. The other girl stares at me with a raised eye brow. I’m mortified. Skinny jeans girl is a skinny jeans guy.
“Oh… I just thought I’ve seen you two there before.” I stutter, “Pardon me.” Before the two could say anything else, I turn away and head straight out of the bakery. I need to erase this memory, stat!
More imaginative people:
- Balcony safety for dogs 1 | We Live In A Flat
- Crossing Longsands | Musings from a practical mystic
- Imagine All the People | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | littlegirlstory
- People Watching? I’m virtually a professional. | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Post Imagine (A Poem) | awritersfountain
- Accidental People | The Ambitious Drifter
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | Under the Monkey Tree
- Behind the mask | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: A Day Away | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: Imagine A Clowns Day | IF I ONLY HAD A TIME MACHINE
- Along for the Ride (Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People ) | Delana’s World
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People « Mama Bear Musings
- The Old Man by the Window | Clandestine Destiny
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- Coffee With A Marine At McDonald’s | The Jittery Goat
- “Imagine All the People” | Relax
- Imagine Your Imagination | The Magic Black Book
- John Lennon [Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People] | unknowinglee
- Daily Prompt: Imagine all the people. Are they imagining me too? | SERENDIPITY
- Hope* the happy hugger
- Imagine | Icezine
- Eyewitness Testimony | Creative Mysteries
- Imagine all the people | Bridging Worlds
- Corpse Candle: Granny’s Tale | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | મન ની વાત
- Daily Prompt: Imagine | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- daily prompt – ugh | pork juice & paper towels
- Imagine | Rebecca Barray
- Other Pups… | Haiku By Ku
- Maid to Order | A mom’s blog
- Don’t tour the inside of my imagination. It ain’t pretty in there. « RPMAS
- Imagine the World Through Multi-colored Glasses | Photos and writings
- Imagine | Flowers and Breezes
- the PEEP SHOW | Daily Promt: PURE IMAGINATION | the TRASH BASH
- Imagine | The Rider
- Along the Way | Life is great
- I Lose Myself For Others… | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | a thotful spot
- Imagine | Somebody Else’s Moments
- Where Have all the People Gone?…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Think We Can | CurTales
- Hard to Imagine | Afghans Abroad
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People | BulgingButtons
- Imagine The Lady in Grey | JuSt ViSiTiNG ThiS PLaNeT
- Daily Prompt – Imagine all the people | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Imagine all the People. | life on wry
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt – Imagine
- ‘Znard on the road with the Grim Ripper | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Daily Prompt: Imagine All the People~~ A Tale of a Life well Lived | To Breathe is to Write
- Not a clue | Life & Times
- My top five places to people watch… | My Top Fives…