So many people!!! I need to grab their attention. What is a girl to do?!
This calls for a job of…. Public speaking!
A few years ago, I worked as a temporary salesperson for a gaming company who hosted tournaments at various locations in the US and overseas. The number of players who participated per event ranged from 200 to 1500 until this past February. This event held over 3,000 players, a record-breaking moment for the company.
My job was to sell various cards and other product, and it required a lot of interaction with the participants to figure out exactly what they needed. Part of my job requirement was to discuss the features of the newest products to a crowd. The participant/customer could be an individual or a group and I would make sure I was acquainted with each of them. This is evidence of how much I love personal selling because I get to make new friends, inside and outside of business. By the end of the day, I would be familiar with at least one-third of the participants in the event.
In other settings, I don’t have problems with group presentations. I prefer it over writing a paper (there’s some irony). Even though I do get nervous like everyone else when speaking to a group, I conceal it with some humor because humor is awesome! As long as it’s funny and not offensive. Because that would be awkward. The professor might take points off for that.
Thank goodness for note cards.
Check out what others think about public speaking:
- We are free | vicbriggs’s Blog
- The ugly F | Romelga writes
- Daily Prompt: Naked with Black Socks | The Daily Post | The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt: Naked with Black Socks | College Girl Dai
- Daily Prompt: Naked with Black Socks | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Daily Prompt: To Shy or Not to Shy | One Starving Activist
- Public Speaking? Oh please… (don’t make me do it!) | Perhaps yes, perhaps no. Exactly? I don’t know.
- No need for that silliness | djgarcia94
- “Naked with Black Socks” | Extraordinary Living Blogs
- Hitting the Switch | Cheri Speak
- Naked with Black Socks – Socially Connected
- Daily Prompt: Public, music anywhere, everywhere | @ The West Gate
- Public | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Daily Prompt: Legs Wide Open (Straddling the Myers Briggs) | and yadda yadda yadda…i made aliyah
- Daily Prompt; Naked With Black Socks | terry1954
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #12 | Neva Samaki
- Daily Prompt: Naked with Black Socks | Steve Says….
- Pinay New Yorker | Daily Prompt: In the Spotlight
- Xenoclokeion Pancosmopolitanicon, or, the public and The Great Exhibition of 1851 | James Clegg
- Daily Prompt: the naked truth | Tell Tale Therapy
- I would love to learn the art of good story telling !! | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Daily Prompt – Naked with Black Socks | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Suicide no. 13: Naked Dream | derekalanwilkinson
- Naked With Black Socks… definitely an interesting image | Nothing is more beautiful than a smile
- Day 261: Public Speaking | 365 Days of Thanks
- Blog birthday and a daily prompt… | My Top Fives…
- Black Socks Down | Edward Hotspur
- Knee Knocking Fear | Along Life’s Road
- Daily post: Public speaking? | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Professional Speaker for Hire | Live Life Tr3mendously
- Daily Prompt: Naked with Black Socks | Amanda’s Blog™
- Going Public | februarylove18
- Shaky Knees | Never Stationary
- Secret to Public Speaking is . . . | Iam Who Iam
- What if I was naked? With black socks. | Okay, what if ?
- Dive Right In | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Staring into the Crowd | Daily Prompt | Word Disorder
- Speaking with Confidence – Daily Prompt | Warm Welcomes
- Mừng tuổi 2 năm của trang nhà Suonglamportland.wordpress.com | suonglamportland
- A Public Audience | tjbarkerseattle
- Public speaking | Sue’s Trifles
- Coming Out (Sort Of) | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- If I was naked I’d probably wear white socks | dawnyhosking
- Daily Prompt: The cure for fearing public speaking is … | Nicki